Lafayette General Health
Assists in the financial reporting process, preparing schedules, journal entries and performing account reconciliations. Assists with compiling and organizing data required for budget and audits. Performs special projects as directed by the department manager or director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prepares journal entries for month end financials.
2. Reconciles general ledger accounts and cash accounts, ensuring proper documentation to support account balances.
3. Assists with preparation of sales tax returns and other informational returns within mandated deadlines.
4. Assists with gathering the data required for completion of the annual budget.
5. Assists in maintaining schedules required for completion of the annual cost reports and external audits.
6. Researches departmental expenditures when inquiries are made by management.
7. Validates accuracy of journal transfers to general ledger.
8. Assists with accounts payable and payroll processes when necessary.
9. Tracks fixed assets and prepaid assets, recording depreciation and amortization as appropriate.
10. Performs bookkeeping functions for other corporate entities
11. Completes special projects as assigned.
A. Bachelors degree in accounting or finance.
B. Prior accounting or audit experience preferred.
C. Healthcare experience beneficial.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving patients as well as walking about from patients rooms, as well as to and from various hospital areas