Lafayette General Health
The Materials Management Tech I responsibilities include but are not limited to: ability to utilize all computerized tools; cycle counting of inventory; handling, distribution, receipt, storage and delivery of supplies; cleaning, retrieving and distribution of equipment; and daily stock put away.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Demonstrates service excellence by being courteous to our customers, guests and each other, keeping customers informed of activity in a timely manner, and maintaining confidentiality.
2. Accountable for upholding the LGMC mission and service standards in order to provide high quality services to all customers.
3. Performs other duties as assigned or requested willingly and within stipulated time frame.
4. Recognizes and abides by corporate compliance policy and procedure.
5. Participates in staff meetings, in-services, and committees as requested or required.
6. Ability to accurately inventory and replenish Par locations within allocated time frame.
7. Responds in a timely manner for STAT patient needs.
8. Communicates to MM Tech II and MM Team Leader any urgent requests both verbally and written as required.
9. Ability to Locate, Pick, Ship and Confirm supply orders as assigned.
10. Ability to read, understand and use printed reports as requested or required.
11. Processes all procedure carts in a timely manner utilizing proper documentation.
12. Understands and complies with infection control, safety, OSHA procedures and regulations.
13. Uses proper telephone etiquette by identifying department, self and How can I help you.
14. Pick up soiled equipment on units located in soiled room, cleans with approved disinfectant and seeks to identify any missing components.
15. Returns decontaminated equipment to clean staging area on unit or in MM equipment storage area using proper handling techniques.
16. Must round patient care units to collect and terminally clean equipment each shift. Using appropriate PPE.
17. Wears proper PPE (personal protective equipment) and terminally clean equipment each shift.
18. Cleans shelves weekly in all work areas in order to maintain proper storage condition as assigned.
19. Attend departmental meetings and in-service education.
20. Is proficient with utilizing computerized equipment and reports.
21. Utilizes excellent communication skills in all aspects of required duties.
22. Ensures supplies are maintained and rotated according to established guidelines.
23. Receives delivery of supply order and completes appropriate documentation.
24. Demonstrates the value of team concept on a consistent basis.
1. High School Diploma or G.E.D. required, Bachelors Degree in Business preferred.
2. Any combination of education, training and experience, which could produce the required knowledge and abilities, will be considered.
3. Must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outline in the position description.
4. Strong verbal communication skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving patients as well as walking about from patients rooms, as well as to and from various hospital areas
Formal application; verification of education, and experience; verification of license(s), certification(s), registration(s), accreditation(s) if applicable; oral interview, reference and background checks; job related tests may be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must comply with all SERVICE Standards of Behavior