Lafayette General Health
Radiologic Tech Student-LGMC Radiology-Part Time (Job ID: 564)
Employment Status: PT
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prepares contrast media, and other chemical mixtures for x-ray procedures.
2. Prepares patient for x-ray images, explains the procedures using AIDET, transfers patient on and off the x-ray table, positions patient, and assists patient at end of procedures.
3. Follows prescribed techniques in obtaining general and specific x-ray images.
4. Adjust equipment; immobilization and support devices to obtain proper position of patient; uses radiation protection methods.
5. Produces images using computed and digital radiography techniques.
6. Effectively uses the computer for various functions.
7. Observes patient during procedure and reports unusual occurrences.
8. Documents in Electronic Medical Record as needed.
9. Reviews orders in the electronic medical chart before proceeding with exam.
10. Identifies patients using two forms of identification.
11. Performs routine and specialty diagnostic X-Ray procedures. Example: Portables, trauma, ER, surgery and fluoroscopy procedures.
12. Instructs, supervises, and evaluates students in the clinical setting.
13. Is able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, and geriatric patients.
14. Is able to assess the patients status, communicate effectively, and provide care for each age group.
15. Responsible for transporting patients to and from the Emergency Department and floors if necessary.
16. Adheres to prescribed standards for Radiation Safety and patient confidentiality.
17. Abides all compliance requirements and policies and performs these responsibilities in an ethical manner consistent with the organizations mission and vision.
18. Maintains an orderly, clean, and adequately stocked room and/or work area.
1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. Licensed by the State of Louisiana in diagnostic radiology.
3. Preferred registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Tech (ARRT).
4. Certified in CPR within 30 days of employment and recertified prior to expiration.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving patients as well as walking about from patients rooms, as well as to and from various hospital areas
Formal application; verification of education, and experience; verification of license(s), certification(s), registration(s), accreditation(s) if applicable; oral interview, reference and background checks; job related tests may be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must comply with all SERVICE Standards of Behavior