Lafayette General Health
The Controller is responsible for the operation and management of Financial Services for the organization. Directly oversees the functions of all accounting, accounts payable, tax/information return reporting, and budgeting and long term financial plan development. The Controller assists with the daily operations of the organization through the management of the organizations financial services. Provides clinical, financial and labor statistical reports to management, staff and external customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prepares financial statements and performs budget variance analysis on same within established deadlines.
2. Interprets, analyzes and communicates financial and statistical data to leadership.
3. Produces monthly snapshot reports for multiple stakeholders including Finance Committees and Board members.
4. Prepares journal voucher entries for month-end and year-end close.
5. Ensures assigned general ledger accounts are reviewed and reconciled within the prescribed timeframes and is responsible for monthly closing activities.
6. Maintains appropriate documentation of reconciliation.
7. Reviews and monitors outsourced billing company to ensure efficient revenue cycle procedures.
8. Reviews bank account reconciliations, assures adequate cash controls, and reviews the revenue cycle.
9. Provides direction and assistance with extraordinary deposit transactions.
10. Writes, standardizes, and maintains front office financial policy and procedures in all practices.
11. Files the unclaimed property report annually with the State of Louisiana.
12. Ensures financial information adheres to generally accepted accounting principles.
13. Assists in the development of the cost center budgets in coordination with leadership.
14. Participates in strategic and long range planning process for the organization.
15. Prepares financial feasibility analysis for capital projects and new service lines.
16. Provides instruction, support and advice for financial, reimbursement, and decision support issues.
17. Compiles data for the completion of tax returns and annual financial, benefit plan, and intermediary audits.
18. Works to identify and implement changes to policies, systems, and procedures, which further enhance efficiency, effectiveness, reliability of data, and profitability.
19. Monitors the procurement of supplies for facilities and annual inventory process.
20. Performs timely probationary and annual merit evaluations.
21. Provides direction and develops departmental goals.
22. Encourages open, timely and candid communication; as well as collaboration among employees, and physicians, thus fostering and maintaining positive working relationships.
23. Participates in organization and health system committees, training and mandatory programs.
24. Ensures that department services respond to the needs of internal and external customers.
25. Favorably represents the organization in dealing with outside entities such as attorneys, auditors, consultants, and community leaders.
26. Transfers excess funds to on a semi-monthly basis as needed.
27. Maintains the role of Security Administrator for the entitys lockbox, assigning user accessibility and addressing issues as they arise, as well as updates and/or changes in Healthcare Link software.
28. Assists in the start-up of new bank accounts.
29. Attends start-up committee meetings, monitors daily flow of operations and sets up protocols.
30. Requests payment for unclaimed property money held by the state of Louisiana
31. Completes special projects as assigned.
32. Preparing and submitting an Annual Report based on year-end activities.
33. Managing departments on the basis of the organizations policies, budgets and standards in a consistent manner.
34. Insuring that department services properly support and respond to the needs of internal and external customers.
35. Responding to inquiries and/or requests from employees and management
36. Communicating clearly on matters affecting the organization.
37. Preparing and monitoring special projects to insure timely completions.
38. Initiating, researching and recommending new as well as revised system services and contracts
39. Keeping the department and employees abreast of organizational-wide matters.
40. Insuring that policies are carried out in a consistent manner.
41. Developing statistical indicators (with definitions) reflecting activity and productivity.
42. Addressing requests and/or questions in a timely manner.
43. Developing capital expenditure, operating budget and personnel budgets.
44. Reviewing actual budgetary performance on a monthly basis.
45. Motivating and encouraging personal initiative.
46. Maintaining and adhering to current policy and procedure manuals.
47. Insuring that department work environments are such as to minimize Workmans Compensation claims.
48. Encourage personal and professional development through in service and continuing education.
49. Long term and short term forecasting and budgeting.
50. Must have the ability to develop thorough knowledge of departmental organization, policies, and procedures and a general knowledge of the organizations structure.
51. Oversee/coordinate annual physical inventory count.
1. Bachelors degree in accounting, business management.
2. Five-years accounting or finance experience required.
3. Supervisory experience preferred.
4. Minimum two-year health care finance experience.
5. Advanced degree or CPA desirable.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving patients as well as walking about from patients rooms, as well as to and from various hospital areas