Lafayette General Health
The EEG Technologist performs various types of electroneurodiagnostic procedures to collect data for use in
the diagnosis of neurological dysfunction.
1. Performs routine and advance neurodiagnostics procedures using criteria established by the Society of
Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists including EEGs, Evoked Responses and surgical procedures such as
carotid endarterectomies and posterior rhizatomies.
2. Performs Electro Cerebral inactivity recordings.
3. Places nasopharyngeal electrodes.
4. Performs basic maintenance of electroneurodiagnostic equipment.
5. Performs light clerical work.
6. Does daily log documentation.
7. Takes and records pertinent histories on all patients.
8. Retrieves previous records and tracing for reference.
9. Sorts and packs records for storage.
10. Performs newborn hearing screens.
11. Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to neonatal, pediatric,
adolescent, and geriatric patients. Must be able to assess the patients status, communicate effectively, and
provide care for each age group.
1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. Must have passed AMA certification and / or ASET registration.
3. Preferably a graduate of a certified school of electroencephalography.
4. Must have a minimum of two (2) years clinical experience in neurodiagnostics.
5. Must be a member of at least one (1) profession-related organization.
6. Certified in CPR within 90 days of employment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on
occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving patients as well as
walking about from patients rooms, as well as to and from various hospital areas
Lafayette General Health (LGH) is a healthcare system striving to build a regional healthcare network that delivers excellence in care and outcomes. Join us as we Restore, Maintain, and Improve the Health of our Community!