Tulane Medical Center
This position provides physical therapy services including evaluation, treatment program planning and implementation to promote optimal human movement and function. Performs all other duties as assigned.Primary Job Duties:
1. Provides appropriate physical therapy evaluations for a multi-variate caseload.
2. Plans for and provides effective physical therapy treatment regimes based upon medical, clinical, functional and observational findings.
3. Regularly updates this plan of care, prioritizing for both interdisciplinary and unidisciplinary treatment goals.
4. Includes patient/family and other health care professionals where appropriate not only in goal setting but in follow-up or conjunctive treatment in thehome or some other setting.
5. Begins discharge planning from time of evaluation considering medical, social, financial and personal issues of the patient/family.
6. Prepares patient/family for cessation of treatment as maximum potential or benefit is reached.
7. Documents all pertinent clinical findings and records services rendered per departmental guidelines.
8. Applies knowledge of growth and development in patient interactions and treatment.
Position Requirements: (Minimum qualifications for the position)A. Licensure/Certification/Registration: Louisiana Physical Therapy License required, CPRB. Education:Entry level physical therapy degree from an accredited program.C. Experience: 0-1 year experience preferred.D. Special qualifications: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. E. Hours of work: As scheduled