Louisiana Heart Hospital opened in February 2003 in the heart of St. Tammany Parish as an acute care facility noted nationally for its excellence in the diagnosis and treatment of heart disease as well as disease and injury affecting the spine. To recognize its expanded service capabilities, the hospital is now renamed Louisiana Medical Center & Heart Hospital.
As of May, 2009, the LMCHH inpatient Area consists of 137 inpatient beds (critical care, telemetry/medical surgical). Our 20 bed emergency department is a full service emergency center. The Day Patient area prepares all out-patients and performs preadmission testing. The OR has 7 suites, one special procedures room. The Cardiac Catheterization Lab has 3 rooms (including an EP Lab).
Louisiana Medical Center & Heart Hospital is recognized on a national and state level for quality outcomes and provides for patients first. The comfort of our patients and their families, along with advanced diagnosis, treatment and therapy are the most important objectives of the hospital. Louisiana Medical Center & Heart Hospital is built for patient-focused care. Our patients have access to advanced technology and surgical techniques in a hospital specially designed for their treatment and recovery. All of our patient rooms are private and have been equipped to meet the special needs. Because we believe the family plays a major role in recovery, we provide family members 24 hour access to the patient, even following surgery. A sleeper bed for overnight visitors has been provided in every room.
Phone: (985) 690-7500
Fax: (985) 690-7530
Full and part-time employees are eligible to participate in all benefits plans.
No waiting period - employees are eligible to participate on first day of employment.
Higher pay rates available in lieu of benefits.
- Medical PPO Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Long-term Care Insurance
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible spending Account
- Legal Assistance
- College Savings
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Days Off (PDO)
- Direct Deposit
- Credit Union
- Home & Auto Insurance Discounts
- Health Club Discounts
- Cell Phone & Service Discounts
- On-site Cafeteria Discounts
- Free Parking
MedCath Corporation, headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., is a healthcare provider focused primarily on the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease. MedCath focuses on serving the unique needs of patients suffering from cardiovascular disease. MedCath owns interests in and operates eleven hospitals with a total of 667 licensed beds, located in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Louisiana, New Mexico, Ohio, South Dakota, and Texas. In addition, MedCath manages the cardiovascular program at various hospitals operated by other parties. Further, MedCath Partners, LLC provides cardiovascular care services in diagnostic and therapeutic facilities located in various states.
- 2004 J.D. POWER and ASSOCIATES Distinguished Hospital Award for providing "An Outstanding Patient Experience"
- 2005 & 2006 LOUISIANA HEALTHCARE REVIEW
- 2005: Inaugural recipient of "Louisiana Hospital Quality Award" 5 awarded in Louisiana.....ONE honored on the North Shore
- 2006: "Louisiana Hospital Quality Award" GOLD LEVEL AWARD...highest level on the Northshore.
- 2006 & 2007 AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION "Get With The Guidelines" Coronary Artery Disease Performance Achievement Award
- 2006: 52 hospitals awarded in the U.S., 4 hospitals awarded in Louisiana......ONE honored on the Northshore.
- 2007: LHH is one of 2 hospitals in Louisiana to win this award 2 years in a row.
- 2006 HEALTH GRADES ANNUAL REPORT
- In The Top 5% of all Cardiac Surgery Programs in the U.S
- #1 Overall Cardiac Program in Louisian
- #1 Overall Cardiac Surgery Program in Louisiana
- Five Star Rated Overall Cardiac Surgery Program
- Recipient of 2007 Specialty Excellence Award - CV Surgery
- 2006 UNITED HEALTHCARE "PREMIUM CARDIAC SPECIALTY CENTER AND A CENTER OF EXCELLENCE FOR CARDIAC CARE" Louisiana Medical Center and Heart Hospital was designated as a UnitedHealth Premium cardiac specialty center, reflecting national recognition of the cardiac care it provides.
- Louisiana Medical Center & Heart Hospital serves patients from Tangipahoa, Washington and St. Tammany Parishes in Louisiana as well as Mississippi Gulf Coast counties.
- Median household income in St. Tammany Parish maintains $23,000 per household higher than state average. (St. Tammany - $55,800; State - $32,600)
- 83.9% of St. Tammany citizens have at least a high school degree compared to 74.8% statewide. (Parish high school SAT scores are 1.5 points higher than national average.)
- 55% of St. Tammany Parish citizens are between 18 and 65 years of age; 51% are women.
- 80% of citizens are homeowners compared to 64.9% statewide
- Median value of owner-occupied homes is $42,000 higher than state average (St. Tammany: $123,000; Statewide: $85,000).
- St. Tammany has one of the highest rated public school systems in the State.
- A new, 1,000 student Lacombe Senior High School to be built within 4 miles from LMC&HH by 2007.
- Three new subdivisions (190 homes, 385 homes, 1,400 homes) are being developed on LA Hwy. 434 (within 1 miles from LMC&HH) and LA Hwy 1088 (4 miles from LMC&HH).
- Parish President Kevin Davis has acknowledged that East St. Tammany and West St. Tammany have little room for expansion, making the central part of the Parish (Lacombe) the center of future growth.
Louisiana Medical Center & Heart Hospital is expanding its facilities and diversifying its services to meet the changed needs post- Hurricane Katrina in the communities it serves. Our expansion includes a 109,000 square-foot, four-story patient tower containing capacity for 120 private rooms. Construction began in the late summer of 2007 and is expected was completed early summer of 2009, with 80 patient rooms being completed initially and capacity for 40 patient rooms available for future growth. After expansion, the hospital will contain capacity for 178 private rooms - more than tripling its current bed capacity.